The fastest and most effective way to package a product on a skid or crate is to use banding (also called strapping). Strapping has been around for a long time, and is commonly used everywhere in the US. The tools are strong and proven, and the strapping does a great job quickly hold product together. The best US supplier for these is Allstrap. They also have multiple repair facilities for banding tools.
Types of banding:
- Steel Strapping the most typical banding. Today is it being replaced in new set up with polyester (PET) strapping, and cord strapping due to safety concerns.
- Stainless Steel Strapping for corrosive environments like paper mills, exteriors, or salt water banding jobs.
- Polyester Strapping is on pace to be the most used banding. PET is safer then steel band since there are no sharp edges. The tooling is fast and now proven.
- Nylon Strapping is used when the load shrinks. It has a high recover and will stay tight on loads.
- Polypropene Strapping
- Cord Strapping is great for manual applications. It requires just one tool, and has strength to give similar results as steel band.
- Webbing is great for serious HD applications. There are now battery tools for webbing available.